Friday 26 December 2014

Taylor's Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce Review & Recipe



Butter Chicken and Rice

So I was at Coles, and as I was looking at sauces I came across "Taylor's Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce" and since I was craving butter chicken, I decided to grab it and cook it for that nights dinner.

My Thoughts 
I think it was an alright tasting sauce but it definitely wasn't butter chicken. The flavour and the colour of the sauce was all wrong. It costs $4.02 at Coles and $4.30 at Woolworths. To compensate for the lack of Indian spices and flavours I decided to add my own spices such as garam masala, cumin, paprika and coriander seeds. I also added some unconventional ingredients such as button mushrooms, carrots and zucchini.


Note : Roti, Naan or bread would also be nice with this. 



Recipe : 

  • 1 jar of Taylor's Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
  • 550g Chicken thighs (You can use chicken breasts however I think they tend to dry out easily)
  • 1/4 Cup of Flour 
  • 1 tbsp Garam Masala 
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin 
  • 1 tsp Paprika 
  • 1 tsp Ground Coriander seeds
  • 1/2 onion (Diced)
  • 1 Zucchini (Diced)
  • 1 Carrot (Diced)
  • Button Mushrooms (Optional) 
  • Jasmine/Basmati Rice (However much you eat) 
Method :
1. Cook rice - How to cook on packet 
2. Clean and trim off sinew off chicken thighs and cut in even pieces
3. Sift Flour and combine : Garam Masala, Cumin, Paprika, Ground Coriander Seeds and mix into the chicken
4. Sautee diced onion, zucchini and carrot in a saucepan until softened, (optional) add button mushrooms
5. Add Chicken until browned and cooked
6. Pour in Taylor's Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce in
7. Simmer for 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment